Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 6

I forgot to eat breakfast this morning. Neither my husband nor I could bear another egg, so we intended to do a paleo pancake after I returned from the grocery store. I took quite a while though and it was nearly lunch time by the time I got back.

Lunch was pizza casserole. I browned some clean lean ground beef with onions and garlic. Then I added Italian seasonings and seasoned salt. After that I added a can of diced Tomatoes and paleo tomato sauce. Once it was bubbly I added spaghetti squash and pepperoni. It was really good!

I ran outside this afternoon (in the rain) and needed some carbs, so I made a snack of Coconut milk, coconut flakes,gogi berries, almonds, and a quarter of a banana all mixed together. Not bad considering I don't love coconut.

Dinner was chili lime chicken burgers wrapped in a lettuce leaf, with cinnamon sweet potatoes, red peppers and onions.

For dessert I made paleo ice cream by blending 3 frozen bananas, a can of chilled coconut milk, and cinnamon. I divided the mix among 4 ramekins and popped then into the freezer until after dinner. It was a little piece of heaven and, while it was technically allowed and we did eat it along with veg and protein, it still felt like a bit of a splurge. I had about 79g of carb today which is more than most of the other days. It was a needed treat though because I definitely looked longingly at the bottles of Pepsi in the store today.





No comments:

Post a Comment