Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 5

Breakfast was the same as yesterday. A pumpkin smoothie and eggs.

For lunch, the girls were hungry for Jimmy Johns, so I had a roast beef and tomato unwich (rolled in a lettuce leaf instead of their really yummy bread) with mustard, no mayo or cheese. I'm no stranger to the unwich, but I did miss the mayo and cheese. I had unsweetened tea for my drink.

I made a batch of kale chips to munch on in the afternoon, but the kids devoured them the second I turned my back, so no picture. :). Just cover kale in oil, salt heavily, and bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until they're crispy and minutes from bursting into flames.

The girls and I were on our own for dinner. Normally I'd order out or take the girls out. (That's still cool when you're 5 and 3.) Instead, they got spaghetti and meatballs and I made beef fajitas with a side salad.

I used leftover beef from last night, a frozen pepper trio, and salsa, along with some cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic salt. I was actually shocked at how good it was. I'm never buying taco seasoning again.
I also created a salad dressing using equal parts of fruit preserves (it's only fruit, nothing added) regular vinegar, and olive oil. It was so good! I kind of wanted to lick the plate as it was the only truly sweet taste I'd had all week.

I'm down 4.8lbs after 5 days. Hopefully that's a trend that continues.






No comments:

Post a Comment