Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 16

Breakfast was my Paleo apple pie breakfast. It was just okay. Not spectacular. I ended up adding 1/8 banana smooshed and 1tsp almond butter to it and the sweetness from the banana made it better. I'm really trying not to use too much banana. Too many carbs in it. I added the usual 2 eggs and carrots, and instead of my regular tea, I added lemon, cucumber, grated ginger, and a little mint to make "sassy water." Sassy water is meant to flush your system of leftover water and calm your stomach. I was UP a pound on the scale this morning. That's what spurred the sudden onset of sassy water mixing. To say I was angry would be an understatement. I'm fighting for every pound and my body has the audacity to GAIN a pound. You think I'm crazy, don't you? Yeah that's okay. I'm cool with it.

Lunch was leftover ground beef from last night in another burger salad. I used regular lettuce salad mix today and it was much improved.

Dinner cooked in the crockpot all day. I made COUNTRY STYLE BEEF RIBS WITH GARLIC CHILI RUB.
I lined the bottom of the crockpot with a medium onion, chopped.
Then I placed the beef on top of that and smothered it with a mixture of:
3oz tomato paste
1cup tomato sauce - paleo
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt
and a little bit of pureed pear for sweetness. 1/8 cup-ish.
I let that cook all day - 8 hours.
I didn't sear the meat first as the rub/sauce covers the meat anyway.

With our ribs I added GREEN BEANS WITH ORANGE.
I mixed the zest and juice of 1/2 mandarin orange, 1tsp olive oil, and 2tsp vinegar.
Then I segmented 2 oranges and set them aside.
Then I put coconut oil in a pan and set it to high heat.
When it started smoking, I added 1lb of green beans and let them get little black marks on them.
Then I cut the heat and added the juice and oranges, and tossed to coat.

The green beans were a HUGE hit with the girls and I really liked them as well. I've never prepared them this way but I anticipate I'll be asked to again.

After dinner, the husband came home and I left for bootcamp 10 minutes later. When I returned, the poor guy was down for the count with a stomach bug. So if you're keeping track, that's one major cold/flu, one heinous rash (that's still going strong), and now a stomach bug. The poor guy can't catch a break. This is the same guy who never, ever gets sick. If you've got any "get well" or "easier dieting" vibes, please send them to him. This seems like cruel and unusual punishment.

And with that, I've got to take my nasty magnesium and crash. I have early bootcamp tomorrow morning. (if I can walk - tonight was brutal on my legs)





No comments:

Post a Comment