Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 15


I had my regular breakfast today - coconut "cereal" with a few black berries and a side of eggs and carrots. I've got a new recipe in the slow cooker that I'm going to try for breakfast tomorrow. It's sort of  like apple pie filling.

PALEO APPLE PIE BREAKFAST

2 Apples, cored and chopped
1/2 c Shredded Coconut
1/4 c Coconut Milk
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tiny pinch of Salt
Toss all of that in the slow cooker and stir to coat. Turn it on low for 4-6 hours.
Top with extra coconut and crushed almonds or cashews.

I'll let you know how it turned out... tomorrow!


Lunch was Applegate Farms all beef organic Hot Dogs. I'm not big on hot dogs but these (I hate to admit) were delicious! I used my Paleo Ketchup and some mustard for dippers and made a quick carrot and cucumber salad with paleo ranch.
And... then I ate two more hot dogs, because that wasn't enough. I'm a little ashamed but they were crazy good.





Dinner was a paleo-ed version of a BIG MAC SALAD.
Obviously I can't have cheese so I browned some grass fed organic ground beef with onions and put that on a bed of cabbage slaw, kale, tomatoes, and half of a pickle, chopped finely.
Then I mixed paleo ketchup with a little mustard, and my paleo mayo to make Big Mac Sauce/1,000 Island Dressing. (You know that stuff in the bottle is just ketchup/mustard/mayo, right?)  The kids helped prep dinner and surprisingly they both loved the sauce. Glad to see them moving out of the ranch comfort zone.
The sauce went over the ground beef and that was that. Easy dinner for the girls and me.
The little ones aren't big on cabbage slaw, so we deconstructed their meal, but they liked it just the same. ...and yes that's Pirate Booty on their plates. And cheese. Color me jealous.  :) The salad really did taste like a big mac. I'd eat it again, but on a bed of normal iceburg lettuce, even if it's not as nutritious.

I kept my carbs and calories in check today, and I also worked out, so the scale should move again tomorrow. It didn't move at all this morning after my carbalicious day yesterday. I'm lucky to have it stay the same instead of bumping up, really. Here's hoping for continued fat loss tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment