Sunday, March 3, 2013

1 Day Pre Whole30

I have completed my grocery shopping for the week.
My list included lots of fruits, veggies, meats, eggs and seafood. Chicken was on sale so I stocked up with a little over 9lbs of it. I also picked up some items that are different from my typical grocery list items. They were canned coconut milk ($3.50), ghee($8), and sun butter($7). Apparently it's pricey to eat non-mainstream foods. I have a new appreciation for those with severe allergies.

And yes that's the biggest spaghetti squash known to man
Sun butter is allowed in small quantities and I thought it would be good in Asian style stir fry and with apples. The Ghee is just clarified butter. You can have the butter fats. Just not the rest of it. Coconut milk is for cooking. I also tried coconut water. Others may like it but I think it's the nastiest stuff ever. Something about the texture... I don't know. I don't want to relive it.  :)

I've spent part of my day preparing some food items as well. I made mayonaise. It's basically just egg, lemon, and oil, and then I added some garlic, dried mustard powder, onion powder and chives. It's no miracle whip but it's tasty and it'll do the trick. I can thin it with the coconut milk to make salad dressing or something to dip my veggies in too. I also baked a couple of pounds of chicken, cut them into strips, and portioned them into 5oz servings. I found out that my kids will eat chicken like it's going out of style if its delivered in a baggie. Nice.


Paleo Mayo
Chicken chicken chicken and more chicken
The kids are also going paleo with us. I will allow them some cheese sticks and yogurt until they're less dependent on them for snacks. All of the nutrients they need, including fiber and calcium, is readily available in the meats, veggies, fruits, and nuts that we'll be eating. It's a healthy way of life. Not a calorie/nutrient restrictive phase. Our oldest seems to be sensitive to certain foods, so I think this will benefit her as well. (Of course they'll still feed her crap at school for snack time. I can't control that without a Dr's confirmation of a diagnosed allergy, but we'll roll with it.)

Here's my tentative menu for this week. I'm both excited and terrified.  :) I will miss you Pepsi and Reece's Peanut Butter Eggs.

Week 1--
  • Garlic rosemary roast with Ina's broccoli (minus the parmesan)
  • Spaghetti squash with meat sauce - paleo marinara
  • chicken fajita in lettuce wrap
  • chicken scampi (PMK - picklemomskitchen.blogspot.com)
  • Enchilada chicken stew
  • Garlic butter(ghee) Shrimp
  • chicken with basil (coconut) cream sauce

Lunch options--
  • egg salad in lettuce
  • tuna salad in lettuce
  • chicken salad w/ grapes
  • chef salad, no cheese
  • chicken, veg, fruit - homemade lunchable
  • broccoli salad
  • mandarin chicken salad
  • apple walnut salad
  • hard boiled eggs and a veg
  • smoothie

Breakfast options--
  • green smoothie
  • other shakes
  • eggs - hard boiled, scrambled, ham egg veg omlet
  • apple w/ sun butter
  • ham/canadian bacon/bacon w/ veggies or egg
  • frittatas
  • Apple, crushed almonds, coconut milk, cinnamon

Snack options--
  • sauteed apples w/ coconut oil nuts, and cinnamon
  • carrots
  • apples
  • cucumbers
  • broccoli salad
  • eggs
  • banana mushed with coconut milk and frozen
  • nuts
  • shakes
  • seeds

Drinks -
  • tea
  • water - lemon, lime, sassy water, cucumber, watermelon
I'm not a coffee drinker and coconut water is gross.  ;)

So... we'll see how this goes!
I've taken waist, hip, thigh, and bicep measurements to compare inches.
I just had my body fat measured last week, and I've weighed myself, so I know all of my starting points. I've also taken note of any symptoms/intolerances I might be feeling to see if those change. I may or may not take a "before picture." Even if I do... you'll never see it.  :)
Let's do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment