Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Challenge in Food!

I am starting a new journey in food.
It won't be easy but I think I can do it.
I'm going to complete the Whole 30 Challenge during the month of March. Who's with me?

What is Whole 30?

It's a 30 day plan where you eat whole foods like  meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, healthy oils, nuts and seeds. You can eat as much as needed to maintain strength, energy, activity levels and a healthy body weight. There is no calorie counting or weighing in.

The goal is to help you look, feel, live and perform your best.

What's in?
  • quality meat
  • seafood 
  • eggs
  • vegetables and fruit
  • healthy fat sources like coconut, avocado and olive oil

What's out?
  • Sugar of any sort - natural or chemical
  • alcohol
  • grains
  • legumes
  • dairy
All of those foods have potential downsides on the body, so they are restricted during this time. (Not forever. Just during the next 30 days.)

The 30 day challenge is meant to be a learning tool to gain awareness of how the foods you were eating actually affected the way you look, feel, live and perform.

I'm using this as my kick off to spring training - for the whole body.  :)

More on whole 30: http://whole9life.com/start/

No comments:

Post a Comment