Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 19

Breakfast was nothing new.  :)

For lunch I made an awesome CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE with my leftover cauli from last night. It was sooo good. It had bacon it it. Need I say more?

I popped 6 pices of bacon in the microwave and cooked them for 4 minutes.
Then I chopped up: 1/4 onion, a handful of broccoli slaw, a handful of frozen veggie quartet, a few green onions, garlic, and a little cilantro. (You can put any leftovers you like in there. It pretty much always tastes the same.)
I set out 2C of the leftover cauliflower rice, some coconut aminos (a sub for soy sauce), and some sesame oil.
In a separate bowl, mixed a capful of the sesame oil with two eggs and a little coconut aminos.
Then I added a tsp of coconut oil to a pan and cooked the onions and garlic until transparent.
Once the onions were done, I added the rest of the veggies and the cauliflower rice along with another tsp of coconut oil and a tsp of sesame oil.
Once those looked heated through, I pushed them to the side of the pan, added more coconut oil, and dropped in the egg.
I scrambled the egg and then mixed it in with the rest of the ingredients.
Next the bacon got dropped in and stirred to combine.
Then I added probably 2-3 tsp of coconut aminos to taste.
Done!

It was so tasty and satisfying. It didn't taste like diet food because of the bacon and it was nice and salty, so it felt like a splurge. There was no lingering cauliflowery taste at all and it really did feel like I was eating rice. The best part was that I didn't have to think about what veggies to pair with my proteins because they were already in it. score!

I was so happy with it that, in fact, it will be dinner also.  :) I'm also a big fan of this cauliflower rice. I think when I visit the grocery store tomorrow, I will buy two more heads and freeze the rice in serving size packages. I can make cauli breadstix with it, or fried rice, or any dish that requires a rice substitute really.  I think it will come in handy.

Happy Friday!





No comments:

Post a Comment