Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 18


Breakfast was the usual with a small bottle of Naked Berry Blast juice. I meant to have just a taste but it was sooo good. Of course that threw off my whole day as far as carbs go. Way too many carbs in that juice. I tried to be good the rest of the day.

Lunch was Jimmy John's unwich. For those who are unfamiliar with the awesomeness, it's a regular Jimmy Johns sub without bread, so they wrap my beef and veggies ( I added tomato and cucumber) up in a giant lettuce leaf. I can't have their mayo so I went with mustard instead. Yum! It's better with mayo and cheese. I won't lie, but it's not bad either.

Dinner was CHICKEN WITH RED CURRY SAUCE AND CAULIFLOWER RICE with green beans on the side.
First I made the cauli-rice. I chopped the head into smaller pieces and tossed them into the blender.
Then I added water - enough to cover the top of the cauliflower.
It took literally two short pulses and the cauliflower was perfect. Perfect!
When I do this in the food processer dry, I never get it right. There are big pieces left while others begin to puree, etc. This is so much easier!

I grilled the chicken breasts (1lb) and cut them into strips while the cauliflower was cooking in a large pan on medium heat. I strained the water out before putting it in the pan.
When the cauliflower was done, I added the chicken and red curry sauce. I didn't make the sauce. I actually bought it at Trader Joe's because I'd never had it before. This is a new flavor.

It tasted okay. I'm not big on cinnamon for savory dishes. It was also too hot for my taste. A touch of Frank's Red Hot is about my limit for spicy food. My husband had seconds though so it must not have been horrible.  :) He also mentioned that a curry is more like a soup and I should have added coconut milk at some point. ...Huh. Well maybe next time.

I had a bowl of chicken salad after my workout tonight. It had green onion, celery, onion powder (lots) and some paleo mayo in it. It sort of tasted like onion soup mix was in it. Sort of. At any rate, it was good and for some reason I was starving. I also ran for 35 minutes of pure indoor torture this morning before lunch. The only thing that kept me from dying of boredom was that I worked on a new breathing pattern based on an article I read, stating that basically you should breath in odd counts so you're not always stepping on the same foot when you breathe in/out. If you're curious - I know you're not - I settled on a 2:3 pattern. Two steps in. 3 out which is completely opposite of what most people do, but hey... I'm an individual. :)

Oh! And I lost another 2% of body fat this week. Heck yeah!

I'm off to check my brackets now. Go Louisville!

Cut it up
Add water to cover and pulse twice. Then strain.
Cook over medium high heat until dry




The finished product

 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment