Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 11

I have more coconut! That's what I had for breakfast with 2 eggs, carrots, and some chai tea.

Last night my husband bought some chocolate mint tea to try. It smelled really good. It tasted... Okay. He tried some chocolate Guayaki tea at work and really enjoyed it, so we were hoping this would be as good. It's nice for a change of pace. I drink iced tea all day, so a different flavor is good.

For lunch, I made a chicken salad lettuce wrap that I found the recipe for on Pinterest. It called for apples, chicken, red grapes, green onion, and peanut butter in a lettuce leaf. I didn't want all the sugar of 2 fruits, so I subbed cucumber for the apple. I obviously used almond butter as well. The verdict? It was awful. I won't put cucumber and lettuce together again. Yuck.

Dinner was baked cod. I put ghee, lemon juice, and chives in the bottom of a baking dish. Topped that with the cod, and slathered Dijon mustard all over the fish. I topped the fish with crushed almonds and baked at 350 for 25 minutes. I'm not a fish fan. My husband challenged me to cook and eat a new fish. That's how tonight's dinner came about. It was pretty good though and not too fishy. Salmon is tastier but cod was okay too. I do miss real butter and Worcestershire sauce though. That's my favorite way to cook fish. Yum!

Last night my husband and I were talking about how we don't snack before bed anymore. He said, "I might go get a snack if we could have a cookie or something tasty. Knowing that nothing is going to taste all that exciting though, I'm fine to do without." I think he makes an excellent point. We weren't snacking because we were hungry. It was just a habit or a "want" for something pleasing to the palate.
Speaking of treats, I could really go for a brownie. In fact we went on to fantasize about the perfect treat when we're done with this. (Which is not the proper intent, of the program, but it is what it is.) Brownies with peanut butter cup ice cream and some caramel would be in order. Holy yum! For now, it remains a dream though. On to day 12. Three days until half way. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment