Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 10

Today I got up early and headed to bootcamp. My husband plays basketball on Wednesday nights so I either do a later bootcamp class or an early morning one. I grabbed a banana before I left but didn't have any protein or veg which is against the rules. Hopefully it didn't spike my blood sugar too much since I more than worked off the calories of that banana. (400+ calories).

Breakfast was apple, green bean, sausage, bacon, chicken, and egg hash. Very colorful and filling. Not necessarily satisfying. Maybe with more bacon. ;) Its going to take more than 30 days for me to learn that i need to eat for nourishment, rather than enjoyment.

Lunch was leftover spaghetti squash pizza casserole. Will I ever see the bottom of that storage container? It's the casserole that never ends. You should have seen the monster spaghetti squash it started from.

My husband came home with M&M cookies tonight. Suuuuper yummy looking. ::sigh :: We gave one to each of our girls after dinner and hid the rest deep in the deep freeze. Along with the thin mints.

Dinner was chicken with tomato basil sauce. I found some marinated roasted tomatoes on the olive bar at whole foods and had to have them. They went into this dinner. If you're looking for the recipe, we ate it last week and I listed it there. It's really good! On the side we had a giant broccoli, cauliflower, almond, green onion and carrot salad. I used my sweet salad dressing of equal parts puréed raspberry, vinegar, and light tasting olive oil.

I ate just over 1,000 calories today, but never felt hungry. My carbs were in range but higher at just under 80g. That was due to the apple and green beans with breakfast and the spaghetti squash with lunch. While all of those things are healthy and approved choices, I would benefit from eating less spaghetti squash based foods and less fruit. Oh and that banana, weighing in at 40g of carbs on its own (half of my total carb intake) certainly did not help. That was probably the single biggest culprit of my high carbs today.

Tomorrow I will start my vitamin regimen. My "natural calm" magnesium supplement arrived along with my fish oil supplements. Both are recommended on the whole 30 plan. Hopefully the added magnesium will help me sleep better. I saw every hour again last night. Ugh. I had to order both vitamins online simply because I'm not interested in shopping multiple places trying to find compliant vitamins. I can't believe all of the extra crap they put in vitamins. I swear soy is in almost everything we eat (extra estrogen, anyone?) and sugar can be found in the oddest places as well.

The kids and I hit the grocery store today for a quick maintenance shop. I've got my coconut flakes refilled so guess what's for breakfast tomorrow. I'm becoming highly predictable. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment