Friday, March 15, 2013

Day 12

I had the usual for breakfast. Coconut "cereal." Lunch was FINALLY the last of the pizza casserole. Can I get a Hallelujah?
The kids begged for McD's so that's what they ate and honestly, knowing that cheating means I have to start over really keeps me from wanting to. I actually felt more badly about feeding crap to my kids while I ate nutritious food.

Dinner was a paleo take on bang bang shrimp. I sautéed 1lb of shrimp sprinkled with seasoned salt and garlic salt. While that was heating, I mixed my paleo mayo with hot sauce, and chopped some tomatoes, carrots, and lettuce, dividing them into two bowls. I drizzled two spoonfuls of the sauce over the salad and tossed the rest with the finished shrimp. I topped the salads with the shrimp, reserving some for the kids. They ate their salad and shrimp deconstructed like a lunchable. It was really good and probably one of the more flavorful recipes we've had so far. I'd eat that one even when I'm not on a diet.

After dinner I took my second dose of "natural calm" magnesium supplement and my third fish oil pill. That sounds pretty wacky, huh? It IS pretty wacky. The natural calm fizzes when you add water, just like alka seltzer. Nasty! The book recommends both though, so I quickly learned to add the minimum 2oz of water to it (via the kids' medicine cup) and toss it back like a shot. It's extremely citrusy/tangy. I had been taking magnesium in the pill form for a few months prior to the whole30. I've noticed that it makes a positive impact on my sleep, digestion, and well being. I feel more patient and less anxious when I take it. Being a rather shy person, I'll happily take something that reduces anxiety. lol! Even if it fizzes like a crazy witches brew.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day which means I'd better go finalize our menu plan. We've got chicken, beef, and ribs in the deep freeze. Should be interesting. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment